Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chrissie WELLINGTON!!!

Ok, quite possibly the MOST absolutely exciting thing that has happened on this trip, happened tonight! Seriously. Today started out gorgeous and sunny, we went to some friends' to watch the UT game, then when we came home the fog/marine layer had rolled in and it was gloomy, cold, cloudy, etc etc...kinda depressing.

We laid around, let Kallen nap, then decided we needed to get out. Put him in his little stroller and started walking down the 101 (just the main road that goes along the ocean)...we walk up to the next little town, peek into a tri store (Nytro) and there is Chrissie Wellington, THREE time Kona winner (she apparently JUST won for the 3rd time last wk, and I totally didn't know that while we were there...thank GOODNESS I didn't say anything stupid, like "when's Kona this yr???" ha!)---AMAZING, amazing athlete, totally one of my heros...I mean she has honestly brought tears to my eyes watching her cross that finish line with her HUGE smile in Kona. I think she actually got a flat last year on the course, and STILL ended up getting 1st place. Ok, enough about Chrissie. I seriously had HUGE sweat marks under my arms when we walked out of that store, I was so nervous and excited. I know, I'm crazy! I just still can't believe I MET her...wow.

(ps...I'm learning how to edit my pictures and I am NOT very good at it, so if they don't look realistic, its probably because I messed something up!! :) But I promise I didn't photoshop her in! ha!!)

Sneaking a little picture here, paparazzi style...

My one moment!! So glad I was able to keep my eyes open!!
My autographed poster...it says "Christy, reach for the stars..." and I think she really meant it!!! :)
wow...hope I can sleep tonight :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I am as excited for your great thrill as I KNOW you are!! Not to get super spiritual here, just thinking about how you were a bit down due to the weather, and God brought you a 'treat'! He loves to surprise us with little (and huge) blessings when we need and least expect them! Love you!

Courtney said...

ha! you are so CUTE!!! what a fun treat!

Michelle said...

So glad you got to meet one of your heroes!!

Ali said...

sooo cool!