Did the Bridgeland tri this weekend with my two friends, Lauren and Paula. So much fun to do one with friends!! It was a really fun race, in Lauren's parents' neighborhood so we got to stay at their house and ride our bikes to the race which was such a super luxury. My knee started doing its weird thing a mile into the run which was really frustrating...I kept praying, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..."----meaning my knee issues :) and somehow was able to make it to the finish line. Thank goodness, cause when it started hurting I was back in the woods---and thinking that in the 100+ temp, I did NOT want to have to walk 2 miles back! :) Anyways, gorgeous day, lots of fun to be racing, definitely need to train more, to help my body/knee/hip be prepared...but all in all a great day!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Bridgeland Tri
Did the Bridgeland tri this weekend with my two friends, Lauren and Paula. So much fun to do one with friends!! It was a really fun race, in Lauren's parents' neighborhood so we got to stay at their house and ride our bikes to the race which was such a super luxury. My knee started doing its weird thing a mile into the run which was really frustrating...I kept praying, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..."----meaning my knee issues :) and somehow was able to make it to the finish line. Thank goodness, cause when it started hurting I was back in the woods---and thinking that in the 100+ temp, I did NOT want to have to walk 2 miles back! :) Anyways, gorgeous day, lots of fun to be racing, definitely need to train more, to help my body/knee/hip be prepared...but all in all a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awesome!!! what a GREAT pic of the 3 of you!!
Great job, Christy! We are ALWAYS proud of you!
Post a Comment