Thursday, August 20, 2009



A baby sure changes things...
take for instance, this morning...
up early (more on that later...), coffee made, bills paid, feeling productive...

decided to hit the grocery store early...(I'm doing an experiment with Kallen's naptimes...more on that later...)

ran back to my room to put on "real clothes," brush my hair, and throw on mascara (another experiment I'm doing, on my emotional well-being and my presentation of myself...more on that later...)

Kallen comes waddling into my room, holding my cell phone with the cord still attached (after apparently pulling it out of the wall where I had it charging) and sat down on my bathroom floor...and when he stood up, there was a little puddle of d*****ea on the floor----(I don't even like to see the word spelled out...in fact, I may not have even spelled it out right...)

So pick up little man, who apparently is still a little sick, maybe its from teething??? Who knows??....

Run the bathwater, strip off messy clothes and horrible, awful, potent diaper. 

Run back to the room where he was playing to find some embedded in our rug---uh, yeah...
And ended up having a fun little bath, going to the grocery store late (where he spent a lot of time with his sweet little head laid on the side of the cart---broke my heart!!)...(ps, you should always wipe the handles of your cart down!! ha!!)

and, all in all, everything turned out a-ok...I'll keep ya posted on the little guy...I feel so bad for him. Something is obviously not right...but I just had to laugh to myself...my life sure has changed :)


Here's a picture of the little man before the grocery store...had to add it cause he's so stinkin cute in his "big boy" outfit from his cousin Cayden...his little shoes are Vans!!!...adorable! And I'm sorry but he wouldn't look at me---obviously had other things to attend to! ha!!!
xoxoxoxoxo!!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh....the joys of motherhood! Glad you can laugh about it! It is real life, my sweetie...and you are doing a great job!! I had to laugh about the phone (not sure you saw the humor, however). You need to be keeping a journal of the Kallen "happenings'. Hmmm...guess that is what your blog is for! Have a great day and keep on smiling!

Mandy said...

IRRESISTIBLE!!!!! He's wearing real shoes!!! He's so grown up!!!!! Graham really misses his buddy! I went to get Graham's bath water ready the other night, leaving Graham in his bedroom. Guess who crawled down the hall to the bathroom in NO TIME FLAT?! He and Kallen are going to be mischievous together!

Ali said...

He is sooooooooooooooo cute!