Monday, August 24, 2009

"Attention..."

"...lifetime members and guests, would Christy Smith please return to the childcare center....Christy Smith to the childcare center..."

Really?? Seriously mister???...

I made it into about 20 minutes of my yoga class tonight when I was called back upstairs to an incredibly HYSTERICAL little boy...its heartbreaking and frustrating all at the same time...poor little guy had his hands on the glass door just sobbing...and it was just as I was starting to really relax and enjoy the class---fortunately we were in the middle of "headstands" which terrify me and I was able to give up before I broke my neck and without looking like I was giving up--ha!!!

So, we went outside and played in the fountains, and checked out the Hotel Sorella they're almost done building which is beautiful...I'm really leaning toward splurging on a "date night" for Brian and I there. It looks fantastic and there are some great "new opening" deals online...and I am ready for some kind of night away!!! :)

We went down to Galveston yesterday on a whim---it is sometimes so nice to just leave the house, because even on a Sunday afternoon it can be hard to just relax when there are so many things that need to be done...so yesterday we left it behind, packed up the car and headed south. We stayed until almost 8, and when dusk set in, it was just so beautiful...it was just a fun moment, playing in the water and being a family together.

Notice that Mr. Kallen thought the sand was quite delicious and he in fact couldn't eat enough of it (reminding you that we are playing in the Gulf of Mexico just a few mere miles from a multitude of petroleum plants, etc...ha!)...this was very surprising, given that his appetite has been so limited this week...I love the pictures where there is sand all around his mouth!!



restraining him from eating sand...

he is not ashamed to flaunt his appetite...

I love that little serious face...

wild little guy on the loose!!


I LOVE this picture---its so sweet...


This one too---I'm one lucky girl!! :)


Alright!! Hope the rest of you survived Monday!!
Much love!! xoxoxoxo


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Christy Smith to the childcare center"............Little mister must know there are some very fun fountains for him to play in outside! :-) Believe it or not, this WILL change and you WILL be able to exercise once again. As a matter of fact, the day may come that Kallen does not want to LEAVE the childcare center because he is having so much fun! Love the pictures...sandy mouth and all, but do think the serious face is my favorite!!! Glad you had a great time together as a family yesterday! Love you guys! (nice haircut, Brian)!!!! :-)

Christy said...

thanks!!!! I needed to hear that...that (hopefully) this won't be forEVER!!!..love you too!!

diane smith said...

LOVE the pictures! Let me know when you are ready to splurge on that date night, and I'll be down in a hurry to have my own date night with Kallen !!
Love to all

Blossom Snodgrass said...

great photos! your little mister is super cute, and you look fantastic by the way!

beckley said...

WHITE BLOG? so, what's the story, yo?

Christy said...

ha! I was tired of the font on my old blog, and tried everything to change it so something more legible but there were only a couple options....but now at least I can read the writing--:)