Thursday, August 6, 2009

AHHHhhhhhh!!!.....


...just got back from an amazing trip to VA!!!...so, so good to be home. And even better, my sister was home too!! So we were almost all together---everyone except Ryan who is still out hiking the AT---SO proud of him!! We talked/thought about him so much...great trips to the beach...my dad has gotten kayaks so got to kayak out in the ocean, and on the Elizabeth River which was awesome...went exploring one day and drove to NC and found knotts island...never been there before and it was so fun!! The best peaches I've ever had...great time with Brian. He and I had a date night and went to see Food Inc. at the Naro---not necessarily the most "romantic" movie, but really good, none-the less :) Had a fantastic dinner with our sweet friends Mandy and Kyle and cute little Graham who is growing up SO fast into a little BOY!!! I can't believe how fast these boys grow!!!

It was just so NICE to be surrounded by water, to be back where a HOT day means that its in the 90's instead of 100's :) So, so nice to have my family around---and really fun to be around Holly. It stinks we can't all live close! At least right now. The boys, Cayden and Kallen, had fun playing together...they are SO cute together and can get kinda feisty which is so funny!!! And it is SO fun to get to see Cayden growing up...he's 8 mos. ahead of Kallen and its so fun seeing what's ahead! :)

So, a GREAT trip!...now, back to being home!! Good news is, summer is ALMOST over!!! I know...I purposefully haven't let myself countdown this year because I don't want to wish my life away---especially Kallen's life, but we are almost to the middle of AUGUST!!!!! So home stretch!!! Hope everyone is doing well...sending lots of love from the Smith's!! xoxoxoxo!! :)


At Bergey's Dairy

Brian, Kallen, Matt and Cayden---love these boys!!

Brian and Kallen at a Farmer's Market in Pungo

Mister!! btb (before the breakdown!!)

At Martin's Orchard on Knotts Island

I LOVE my Cayden!!! He found Gran's glasses here---ha!!! :)

Kallen on the TRAIN!!!!...

4 comments:

debra parker said...

Kallen is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Great times....Great memories! MISS YOU! XOXOXO

Mandy said...

We loved seeing you guys!!! Almost time for California...!!

Ali said...

glad you could escape the TX heat. we've had such nice weather this summer in VA.