Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Friends of the Heart...

One of my sweet friends once told me, there are friends of the heart---and friends of the road. Some come into your life for only a season, and some stay with you forever no matter how far apart you are. I love that! And although Houston has been a tough season being so far away from friends that have helped shape me, I am so grateful for these "friends of the heart" and the way we can pick up right where we left off...

I am obviously WAY behind on posting--I don't know why life seems to have gotten so busy over here. There's nothing really different about our weekdays, although we've had some eventful weekends...

Last weekend we went to Austin for my dear friend Theresa's wedding---it was amazing. It was such a refreshing weekend for my heart to get to be around some of the girls in my life I just LOVE like crazy--they encourage me, inspire me, and love me so well and it was such a great trip...

Shanda and Kimberly


Shanda and Christy (Christy lived in the Barnhouse after I did---I love it when life sometimes comes around full circle!!!)

Me, Christy, Robie (who I met for the first time this weekend...she lived in the Mohican House before me), Jean Oliver, and Ann Little (two of my heros) :)

The beautiful bride--Theresa King!!!


What an amazing group of people...wish I could have been there for a week! :)


Beautiful reception at the Allen House---it was one HOT night...and I mean that literally!! :)


SO fun to have a date with my man!!!!
Ok, so that was last weekend, and I'm just going to skip anything that was before so I can be relatively "caught up"---wow, once you get behind on this stuff its kind hard to get back in the groove!!

Kallen has had a low grade temp the last few days---around 100---and he has been having a really tough time falling asleep at night??? So its 10:00 now, I put him to bed at 7:30, and I can still hear him crying in there...poor guy?? What do you do??? Well, as soon as its quiet I'm running to bed---this girl is TIRED! :)

Much love to all---xoxoxoxo! :)

4 comments:

beckley said...

have MISSED you!!!!!

Christy said...

YEA!!! LOVE you and so LOVED our time together. You are amazing. :) I laughed so hard I cried last weekend, multiple times. I thank you for that. :)

Courtney said...

so nice to see your face :-)

love you!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You have been MISSED!!! I am so thankful for your 'friends of the heart!! May God pour out his blessings on each of them!! They are a precious gift that He has given to YOU!