Thursday, June 4, 2009

What to do???...

Well...I came back from Virginia with a new perspective...feeling refreshed and alive and excited about life...and now, its only THURSDAY and already I'm off the track and feeling engulfed in a strange schedule in a messy house where the days seem to pass without a lot of purpose. I'm definitely not complaining about my life. I love it. I love getting to spend so much time with Kallen, and I know that this is only for a season. But it is kind of hard for a goals oriented person to have the days go by, one by one, in this strange fog.

So, I'm trying to decide what to do. Maybe how to organize my days better? How to balance investing in Kallen's life while still being involved in the things that excite and engage my heart? I feel like whenever I make plans with people, let's say, for lunch---I spend the whole time trying to listen to a conversation while keeping Kallen from knocking my drink on the floor, picking up pieces of sticky grilled cheese so the waitstaff doesn't hate us, and throwing every toy I can fit in his diaper bag at him...or inevitably, if I make any sort of grown-up plan, that will be the day Kallen refuses to fall asleep for his nap until RIGHT when we're supposed to leave the house! And I've learned that pretty much nothing is worth doing with a sleepy, fussy baby!!

Alright, just some thoughts...well, if anyone has any tips on this little season please, please share! I love the one my mom gave me about at least getting a couple things started when you wake up (ie---make the bed, throw a load of laundry in, and put soapy water in the sink--just to feel like you're getting started!!)...

I got this from my lululemon email this morning...I've read it a million times on the shopping bags but it still makes me smile---guess I'm a sucker for inspirational rantings :) ha!! The full text is here...

Have a GREAT Thursday!!! :)

No comments: