I've been trying to figure out how to make (good) iced coffee for the summer---many mornings I'm just not in the mood for hot coffee in the summer---but LOVE to start the day with a little caffeine! I found this recipe at Mama Manifesto for cold filtered coffee and its awesome!! It takes a LOT of coffee to make though (3/4 pound)...and I was definitely able to drink it all in 3 days!! Any other suggestions for iced coffee recipes???!!ps----somehow its Saturday afternoon and I scored a FREE little break?? Went to work this morning and had a meeting directly afterward for World Vision, so Brian and Kallen went down to Galveston to a friend's birthday party. At first I was sad I wasn't getting to go to the beach, but didn't even REALIZE that meant I had a WHOLE entire afternoon to myself!!! Just woke up from a nap, and heading to the gym to (maybe work out) AND lay out by the pool....ummmm wow....hope your weekend is just a relaxing :) xoxoxoxo
4 comments:
i'm working like crazy, but glad you're having fun! :)
iced coffee: chill your morning coffee or french press then chill (make a pot and chill for a couple days). then, use iced cubes made from coffee (so, uh, make those first- can you tell i'm in a hurry?). but that makes it strong.
just a little tip i picked up from Martha back during old school martha television when i was sick and living in Ohio with no friends other than martha, cnn's documentation of live-time iraq war (WHY again did i watch that?!) and a baby growing in my belly.
you're welcome.
:)
i'm working like crazy, but glad you're having fun! :)
iced coffee: chill your morning coffee or french press then chill (make a pot and chill for a couple days). then, use iced cubes made from coffee (so, uh, make those first- can you tell i'm in a hurry?). but that makes it strong.
just a little tip i picked up from Martha back during old school martha television when i was sick and living in Ohio with no friends other than martha, cnn's documentation of live-time iraq war (WHY again did i watch that?!) and a baby growing in my belly.
you're welcome.
:)
LOVE that you got some time! doesn't it do WONDERS?!? so, what exactly do you do for/with World Vision?? LOVE them!
christy, i traveled through many blogs and somehow ended up on yours. I think i found you via debra parker. I noticed one of your favorite things was Ecclesia so i decided to check out your blog.
My husband and I used to work for the coffee shop at taft/ecclesia.
I have also been craving iced coffee this summer. I work at starbucks now and we just brew the coffee double strength and pour it over a pitcher full of ice.
I tried it at home and it was great. It's important to use filtered water, freshly ground coffee, and double or even triple the strength. I add milk and sugar. It's pretty delicious!
Right now at starbucks we are selling Gazebo Blend coffee which is known to make the best Iced Coffee!
good luck
blossom
Post a Comment