Wednesday, May 6, 2009

our little date...

Hi! Kallen and I were supposed to meet our playgroup at the zoo today---but we were a little late and without phone numbers Sooooo we were on our own. And you know, it worked out ok because we had SO much fun together!! We stopped by the aquarium---he loves the fish and coral, then to the sea lion show...



We got to see the giraffes up very close and personal!...




watching the prarie dogs (or chipmunks? not quite sure...)



riding on the TRAIN!!! he wasn't sure what he thought of the horn/whistle :)


this was our attempt at getting a picture together...a little awkward, but hey... :)


then strolled around the Japanese Gardens...so beautiful!..we had such a great little day together! I feel like we really bonded :) Like I've said before---things have just changed SO much in the past weeks. We are having so much fun---its WAY more exhausting than its ever been, but more fun at the same time. He is so much more interactive and wants a LOT of attention---so, our house is a continual explosion, but we're having fun. And let me tell you, I've laid down during his second nap EVERY day this week!!!! :)


4 comments:

Courtney said...

i love your day! (and i'm going to live vicariously through it...because mine was NOT so good...)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...it brings back so many memories of our day at the zoo!! I love the way Kallen is looking at the giraffe! :-)
You are not going to regret buying that seasons pass !
I love the idea of just the 2 of you having a fun day together! You need that as well as the playgroup time! Happy First Mothers' Day to a wonderful mommy!!! Kallen is a very lucky little boy!

Mandy said...

Not that I want to give you a reason to stay in Houston....but I'm envious of SUCH a cool zoo - sea lion show?! I'm envying your day!!! I feel the same way about Graham - now that he's more interactive, I'm more worn out but it really is the coolest thing EVER!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Michelle said...

I want to visit you and see the zoo and Japanese gardens....how fun!