we are a little behind this week! :)
it was SO special to be a MOM on mother's day...not just a pregnant mom (ha!--even though I'm sure that DOES count--at least it should!) but a fully real mom! I learned from this Valentine's Day, that sometimes you have to ask for what you want (ie--if you pretend an occasion isn't important to you "someone" may just ignore it completely)...so I have kind of been dropping hints about "how excited I am for Mother's Day"...I know, shameless...but I mean this is TOUGH work---I know a lot of you know all too well :)
So I got to SLEEP in!...was brought Starbuck's in bed by my 2 boys...and an amazing card (my FAVORITE!), and then surprise! (actually he surprised me the night before because he gets so excited about gifts he can't wait) we got family bikes--beach cruisers, with a baby seat on one of them (Brian's because I don't trust my balance!)...some of our friends had posted the cutest pictures of their little guy and their bikes, and I have been talking about it ever since! i used to LOVE riding on the back of my parent's bikes---totally forgotten about that---so I'm SO excited about my present :)
I love these guys...


ps...he HATES his helmet...is that really necessary?? Def didn't wear a helmet in the 70's :) ha!
Kallen got to swim a little at a mother's day party in the afternoon---he loved it---was a little squeamish when the older kids were getting "thrown" in the pool!! :)
What a SWEET day!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
Have a GREAT weekend!!!!
7 comments:
a squeemish boy is a less expensive boy :)
ha! i've effectively scared my child into not taking risks because our health insurance is too bad!
funny. careful hilarity :)
glad you had so much fun. did they get you the "hot mom" card?
don't make that face--- no it's not a real thing. i made it up. i mean, i got it for you. ha :)
love you, ya hottie- wait, what is a beach cruiser? how is that not just a normal bike?
I love your new bikes....have fun!
I sit on the edge of my seat waiting patiently for your next blog...and new pictures! You never let me down! :-) I am so glad you had such a nice Mother's Day...you deserved it! Love all the pictures of Kallen..especially on the bike with his helmet! Too cute for words. Oh....and YES, the helmet is necessary, whether he likes it or not! We were ignorant in the 70's and just happy nothing ever happened to our sweet kids! We would have felt AWFUL, just as you would! :-)
ha ha Robyn!...I was worried I wouldn't get that card this year because my roots have gotten so bad----and I don't shower regularly!!
We were at the Assad's pool---ironic, huh??
OH, and a beach cruiser is AMAZING---totally diff from a "bike"-bike...no gears, wide handlebars, very cushy seat...they're my favorite!!!
bonnie's? did you tell her you know me?
funny!
i've never met her in person, you know. but i like her. she's fun :)
and i've read an article in the chron about her daughter/SOL having to do with art in montrose- are those your friends? she emailed me the article.
sounds like such a perfect first mother's day! love his helmet...keep it on...joshua lost 2teeth without wearing one...
I LOVE the bikes!! (But you already know that!!:)) We realized our mistake without a helmet...def have a helmet for our little guy now! Can't WAIT to see you this week!!!!
Post a Comment