Thursday, April 16, 2009

just cause...

Well, I don't really have anything to post about---and no cute pictures cause I have no idea where my camera is :) but wanted to write just cause...just cause I can because I'm HOME and its awesome!!!

Kallen just went down for his little nap.

I don't really know where to start...

I really need to order paper pictures on snapfish...you can get 50 free for ordering 50 right now (how the heck do you guys order pictures...I mean, where do you even start and what do you do with them??? but I really want Kallen to have a picture album of his babyhood, ya know??)

Need to finish In Defense of Food cause its due at the library today...(can I just tell you how much I LOVE the library????!!!! I'm such a nerd!)

My cell phone broke in 2 pieces, so I ordered a new one, and taped the old one back together...SOOOOOO I can make calls OUT, but I can't see anything on the screen...so thinking I may have lost ALL my numbers :( and most importantly I can't text---which if you know me well, is my lifeline to the outside world---ha!!

We just got the 2nd half of our insurance check for the hurricane damage---wooohooo!!!! Which means our repairs were approved...we have a couple more slight projects to finish up with that, but the leftover money we are using for some projects we have desperately needed to get done, and NEW WINDOWS!!!!! yeah!!!!!! Most of our windows have holes in them, and if you tap them from the outside, the locks come undone...(very troubling to my head when I'm laying in bed and Brian's out of town!!!!)

Oh, and I've gotten to RIDE MY BIKE two days in a row!!!!! No seriously, this is a huge deal----running used to be my place for freedom, but ever since I started riding it is the most exhilarating activity I do---yesterday---low 70's, sun shining, wildflowers blooming, sky bright blue, wind blowing (it was tough)...such a perfect little getaway for my mind and heart...

...EXCEPT for the guy in the fancy biking outfit who passed me (I guess just to prove a point) but then was slower than me...grrrrrrr...just cause I'm a girl???? maybe not, but it REALLY gets my blood boiling...so I'd repass him, then he'd speed up and pass me....mind you, after he passes me he slows down---so when I'm riding my normal pace my front tire is in line with his back tire...and yet if I pass him, he speeds up to pass me...what's that all about????!!!!!! Ok, done venting...feel bad it got me so mad :) and yes, I know...I definitely need more therapy----why did our therapist have to take a "leave of absence"???? ha!!!!

MUCH LOVE and Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

ha! stupid guy...it's his pride. "we" wouldn't know anything about that :-)

i don't order paper pictures anymore - unless i'm putting them in a frame.

i love the library too!

can't you take your SIM card out of your phone and put it in your new one - and then you'll have all your info?!? that stinks, anyways.

and i'm loving riding too! i haven't gotten to ride yet without the trailer and 2 kids...but i can't wait! it's so fun!!

beckley said...

remember what you would do when guys would honk while running in the burg?
ha!

well, i'll just call you then since text is out and you love the phone.
ha!
i know your face and the sound you just made in your head.
:)

love you. missed you.
glad to have you back.
enjoy that houston, cuz you're going to have to come spend the summer here soon.... :)

hey- are these type-in words below coded by geographic region, cuz I just typed in, "blessest". It's like Joely has a side job.

beckley said...

oh, and i print yearly books, not prints. i do that through ritzpix or apple.

Christy said...

sweet!!! thanks for the advice on pictures ladies!!! oh and on the sim card Court---huh...have no idea but let's hope that works!!! that would be AWESOME!!! xoxoxo :)

Mandy said...

Christy - you are HILARIOUS!!!! When I used to swim (exercise is so elusive to me these days!) people would do that and drive me CRAZY!!!

We've used blurb and shutterfly to create books. I do have high hopes to get a scrapbook going for Graham's first year (I don't really know how to scrapbook, so we'll see how this goes!). But, we do order pictures from shutterfly. They're super cheap, and if you pick them up at Target (I always have a reason to be at Target!), you don't have to pay shipping.