Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the BEST of times!!...


...and the WORST of times...

that's usually how my life works...I mean, not to complain or anything b/c I'm pretty sure "that's life" for ya. 

We had such a great time this weekend that we decided we needed a longer getaway into nature...SOOOOO started dreaming, looking up various cities/towns, and then----WOW!----found a gorgeous 3000+ sq foot house in Telluride for 300/night...that sleeps 7 people!!!! So, started calling friends, rounding people up for a little adventure...got some takers, were getting really excited, booked our trip...

...and then we get a phone call from the company saying there's been a terrible mistake and the house is actually a THOUSAND a night, and they won't take ANY less...uh....we're fighting this a little but its pretty much looking like a dead end...how sad. I mean, in perspective its NO big deal----but we haven't had a real vacation (more than a long weekend) in a LONG time---were really looking forward to hiking and breathing clean air!!!

So, I mean, I'm just saying that if you use Telluride Rentals do NOT trust the prices on their website....just sayin :)

Otherwise, just a normal day in the life...dodging some MAJOR flooding we had in Houston this morning/last night, and of course the swine flu (should I be worried about this??)...

Kallen was mistaken for a little girl at the grocery store for wearing yellow...AND was told by an older concerned lady that his feet were cold (its like 80 and insanely humid here today), and that the most important thing in the world is keeping a baby's feet warm, and that he was a "poor baby"...good grief, just smile and nod :)

All that to say, we do have a LOT to be thankful for...a LOT---even without a vacation :) and Kallen is definitely secure enough to wear YELLOW...since when did yellow become genderized?? maybe its his little curls around his ears??? :)

(besides, my brother's adventure on the AT also kinda inspired our thoughts of a hiking/mountain getaway...and I don't think he'd be very supportive at ALL of us staying in a 3000 sq ft house....guess it does defeat the purpose of getting "out" in nature---ha!! His trail journal is awesome...check it out!!)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

There is no way Kallen looks like a girl! Work the yellow man!

beckley said...

A) Jackson was mistaken for a boy ALL the time for YEARS in BLUE and BLUE and BLUE with a BLUE pacifier. It happens. I like to say it happens to the most beautiful of boys :)
hahaha
B) We HAVE a house in TELLURIDE- how many times have I told you this?!?!?!?!!? Teach you to smile and nod :) So, ya CRAZY, next time you want to go to TELLURIDE, call ME. We've thought about driving down there this summer. My aunt said we can bring friends. It sleeps- I don't know- 5 bedrooms with king beds? Total low-key because my aunt is cool like that and doesn't fancy anything- the setting is AWESOME and the village is not far.
C) Way to let that booking company know they can't do that.
D) Where were you with people who talk like that- the galleria CM?
E) Best and worst of times- would YOU have it any other way? I propose you would get bored. Am I right? And that's why I love you. You live life hard core :)

P.S. Jim finally wore the pink and orange shirt I bought him YEARS ago. Sunday. He was on stage. Waits three years they brings it out on a week he's on stage. funny, right? he was cute :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of 2 of my sweeties!!