Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why, hello!...


...is it Wednesday already??? This week is FLYing by! I've been a little lopsided...I think partly because it takes me a week to get my life back in gear when I've been out of town, and also my new little work schedule definitely keeps me a bit on the loopy side! :) I am LOVING getting to work a few days a week (thank you Brian for being so flexible and letting me do this!!!!)...but I am certainly remembering what a crazy trip it is being up at 4:30 in the morning...mostly because I have SUCH a hard time falling asleep. Its this thing I totally make up in my head where I get anxious about whether I'll be able to fall asleep, and then I can't fall asleep and before you know it its like midnight or something and my heart is racing and I'm wide awake....
...did I mention that I sleep in earplugs, eye patches, take melatonin, and sleep with a tissue doused in lavender...yes, many rituals!!...so far, still little luck :)
Some friends are starting a boot camp company so I've been helping a little with that, which is SO fun, and so exciting to get to use my "experience" to help out!!...
Went to the DENTIST yesterday to find that I habitually clench my teeth, and its wearing the tops of my teeth, and has worn down my fillings! ouch! So have to go back next week to fix that---Brian has always told me that while fried greasy food may kill him, my own stress will kill me and I guess this is a wake up call :) facial yoga anyone???
So I decided to invest in my oral health by purchasing a Sonicare toothbrush...at Bed Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon, and a $25 rebate so I didn't feel QUITE so bad...its amazing! I already love it---hopefully it will motivate me to stop clenching!!! :)
Ok, deep breaths...I am RE-laxed...oh, and Kallen is in my makeup that I left on the floor and has shattered my favorite MAC eyeshadow (naked lunch!--the perfect color ever!)....so I better run and rescue it...I mean him!
MUCH LOVE!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to know how I can better pray for you! I think (know) you come by a lot of this naturally...and I am working on trusting God more in my life...and worrying less!!
By the way, how did Kallen look in that eyeshadow! :-) He sure can't look any cuter!

Christy said...

GIRL, I am so grateful I got to catch up on your blog some just now. Kallen is the cutest and standing so well. I love your recipes and need some more great but cheap meal ideas from you. Also, I totally clench my jaw (when I sleep mostly) and have a guard that helps protect my teeth. I love that you share such great details from your life! Oh, and check out Court's new blog!!! www.beautifullyused.com

carri z. said...

oh noodLE!
you so kooky.
love it!
i feel more NORMAL!
: )
i never have trouble
in the sleep dept
but i am DEF. a
clencher/grinder.
its a great way to get out
the stress! (on your teef! ugh.)
i highly recommend the
mouth guard. it costs a million
bux but will help save yo teeth.
plus it is UBER sexy : )
i look like i am getting ready
to box and /or play
football every night b/4 i go to bed.

awwww....yeah!!

ps. i have a sonicare too.
i have had it for a year but
it intimidates me.
so i have kept it in the box : )

Ryan said...

i realized i do the teeth grinding thing too, one thing i read was not to sleep on your stomach which i do almost every night, somehow this adds strain to the jaw muscles, in turn added to the desire to grind/clench during that subconscience sleep cycle... i'm trying to break out of that, good luck.
maybe you dream that you are a football player