When I was in high school I LOVED the Cars...LOVED them...which really has nothing to do with my post except the title reminded me of the song---So really, this weekend was JUST what I needed...its been a TOUGH week or so. I don't know exactly why, but NOTHING has seemed right---my emotions for sure, my marriage, my life in general---it has just been tough. Well it all pretty much peaked on Friday night with a major breakdown---and just another reminder of what love is all about---you know, that real love---
I'm always searching for that crazy, sparky "romantic" love (I call it) but as fun as that can be, nothing can beat REAL love---love that lets you totally break down, and release all your most secret hurts and fears, and just listens to you and loves...no judgement...just the genuine concern to help and understand. So Brian and I had one of those on Friday---and I guess I could say it was amazing...but that hard, painful amazing---just this unloading of so much junk...and he was so patient...and I am just so tired...and life is just so strange right now. I don't want to say that "its not what I expected" cause actually it IS what I expected which is WHY I've always been so terrified to have kids...
But anyway, I digress...so Friday, amazing talk---just good time reconnecting (which we don't really take the time to do these days---) then Saturday morning, a friend had given me a certificate for a facial at the Spa for my birthday, so Brian watched Kallen, and I was totally pampered and it was just so amazing and relaxing, and just such a perfect way for her to love me...
Then we just relaxed...went swimming...played with Kallen, and last night I went to dinner at Benjy's with my dear friend Lauren. It was awesome. Just to be out on a Saturday night in the real world---especially with a girl friend---and just talk about life, and dreams, and husbands, and dogs...and have Ahi...so I am truly grateful---definitely grateful that Brian is cool enough to stay home with Kallen so that I could get some girl time!! I needed that!!!! :)
And today is just absolutely gorgeous!!!...cool in the shade, warm in the sun, not a cloud in the sky---just perfect---went over to the Farmer's Market at Discovery Green, ate the best Pimento Cheese Dip I've ever had (I don't think I even like Pimento Cheese Dip??) and layed in the sun, let Kallen "play"/"lay" on the playground...it was perfect...
don't you love that I squeeze kally so hard that my glasses are crooked??!!!!
somebody wants some CAFFINE!!
So, I am just super grateful for this weekend---even in the midst of my doubt, there it was--- just what I needed---even when I didn't know what the HECK I needed!! :)
Now I'm about to pack for Fort Lauderdale---to go visit my sister Holly, whom I adore--- I'm so excited!!! I hope everyone had a chance to reconnect with their own hearts in some way this weekend... sending much love!! xoxoxo :)
5 comments:
oh. i loved reading that. i lOVE how brian loves you...with the REAL stuff. i love hearing what makes you happy and feel content. and i love that you call kallen "kally" and i love that you squeeze him so hard your glasses are crooked! have a fun trip! i love you!
I LOVE 'all' of your precious friends, Christy, who love you and encourage you........and understand you! Isn't it great how God brings such special people into our lives for that very reason!! Thanks for your words, Courtney ...just perfect!
Christy, I am so glad you found the support and love you needed, when you needed it, in Brian. I am here to tell you that THAT'S something to cherish, and I celebrate with you that you have that together.
And I'm crappy about physically seeing those who are dear to me, but I want you to know that I think you're incredible, and that whatever it is that hit you all at once, you're not alone. There are other women and mommies who know and understand your feelings, whether they're pain or loneliness or disappointment or just plain old frustration. Hang in there and know that I will be saying special prayers for you for strength and healing.
Hugs!
I so hear you. Those REAL talks, that reconnect you in a way that you didn't know you needed until you had a breakdown. Those are the kinds of things that keep me sane in our crazy busy lives. I can only imagine how kids can compound upon the need for those talks. Good to know I'm not the only one....Love you so. And SO glad you got what your heart needed this weekend. Amazing how that happens. God must know what we need after all. xoxo
umm...what the heck
is pimento cheese dip!??!!
love your writing
and your honesty
and all the heart
you put into your words.
proud of you, doll.
and wishing you more
warm-sunshine-
honesty-love-
and-pimento cheese dip
-filled-days.
xo
Post a Comment