Monday, February 9, 2009

end of the weekend...

...always so sad to see it go...yeah, I know...I'm not even working??? But there's still something so magical about the weekend, and I love having Brian at home! It makes all the difference...we actually had a pretty full weekend which was just what I needed!!...

Friday we scrapped our "budget" and instead of eating leftovers we went to Beck's Prime...(yeah, big spenders, huh??) which has a NEW location which is dangerously close to our house...basically right across the street...


Kallen not only got to swing in his first real swing Friday...he also got to sit in his first high chair!! (at a restaurant)...yeah, I know...pretty crazy times around here!!!


Saturday we woke up bright and (a little too) early...went to the grocery store to get supplies for our "Neighborhood Dinner" (actually with only 3 neighbors) we have once a month...the weather was gorgeous...in the 70's and sunny and beautiful...went to Memorial to run together...its so fun now that Kallen can come along in his jog stroller cause Brian and I can run together again...I love running with him...had our neighbors over Saturday night which was a lot of fun...their son Jake is almost 4...wish I had pictures....he's a LOT of fun and FULL of energy...guess we know what's in store :)

Sunday we went to Ecclesia, came home and relaxed, went swimming together, got to see some really sweet friends Jamie and Rob, who have recently moved to Dallas, and are expecting a sweet little girl in April...








...and off to our Sunday night dinner group...wow!....busy, but so much fun!! Such good time as a family...and as fun as yesterday was, there was a very ver heavy place in my heart all day... after hearing the news of a precious little baby named Cora. Many, many friends and strangers have been praying for her...she went in to the pediatrician in January for an ear infection and her parents found out she had cancer...it has been a heartbreaking few weeks...I just held Kallen a little tighter yesterday...looked at his face a little longer...it is so confusing...life, death...

so grateful for every moment...every breath....

much love!...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We must never take 'anything' for granted but live life to the fullest...love with all our heart...and be forgiving! That can be hard at times (at least for me), but so not worth it to hold a grudge!! Only God knows what the future holds for each of us so we 'must' make the most of what He gives us! It is a blessing, not an obligation! Love ya sweetie. Glad you had a nice weekend!