Thursday, February 12, 2009

Do you ever get that feeling???....

Part of my wierdness is this thing in my life I have---"systems"---systems are, oh I don't really know how to describe them, but ways to do things on a routine basis. This is so hilarious because I HATE being structured, or even more, being told what to do...and yet I try to make myself live this way...one of my "new year's goals" (that of course has totally fallen by the wayside) was to live my life in this little system I made up---the system was made of sections---and the sections were 1, nap 1, 2, nap 2, 3, and post baby-bedtime...yeah, I had certain activities I could pick during each section. So that no 2 days had to be exactly alike, but that I would have some structure going on...structure...ah yes...that can often be quite absent from the life of a stay at homer...at least this one! :)

So, my point being, my system of sections just hasn't worked---I'm not really sure why (???) but more than anything has been this feeling---this feeling of just being overwhelmed...overwhelmed and bored all at the same time...

It doesn't make sense, and I certainly can't explain it, but it makes sense in my head. I mean, I don't want to be busier, but at the same time I desperately need something I can COMPLETE---something I can use my BRAIN for (besides overanalyzing "what to expect the first year")...

Its just a strange place I'm in these days...not necessarily a bad place, just a strange place...a job situation has opened up where I can work just a LITTLE (which is amazing!) and I'm terrified of whether or not I can handle it--although I've totally been dying for it!...some other business opportunities have slightly come across my path---but do I want that? I know I'm supposed to just relax and enjoy this sweet season of little Kallen's life...its going to go by so fast---can't tell you HOW many times I've heard that...

So anyway...I still can't describe that feeling...maybe you know it if you've had it...

My sister sent me a text yesterday...it was exactly the ANSWER to this feeling that I can't describe...its the way I want to live my life...starting now...systems or no systems...busy or bored...this is the woman I want to be...this is the life I want to live...

Yesterday's history.
Tomorrow's a mystery.
TODAY'S the DAY!!!!
Have a GREAT day!!!! (in spite of your "feelings"!)

2 comments:

debra parker said...

Give yourself some time to let your mind work it out. Are we still hanging out next week?

carri z. said...

hmm...i think your
"system of sections"
hasn't worked b/c
its TOO CONFUSING! : )
i hear about the
overwhelmed
yet bored at the same time.
(and i ain't even a mama yet!)
but i get it.
and i think the working a little
thing sounds like a
GREAT opportunity
and of COURSE you can
handle it...i promise.
and a chance
to use your brain for more
than amazing mommy-ness...
to accomplish something
for YOU.
is this making any sense?
it's 12:32am.
delerious.
happy president's DAY!!?!!?

xoxoxoo