So on that note, I'm sorry cause I didn't really take pictures this weekend--but it definitely wasn't a "picture weekend"---we did so much just sitting around catching up and that was definitely my favorite part. I think we may have solved most of the problems in the world--ha!--or at least tried to figure out our own :) marriages, children, careers, dreams, budgets, the world, hunger, orphans...just to name a FEW topics :)
We did get out in the beautiful, sunny, 70 degree weather--which was especially exciting for the girls coming from the frigid winter of the east coast! We had a fun baby shower for Michelle who's expecting in March.
Art projects for the nursery...
The babies definitely had a great time getting to play together---Kallen and Sawyer (below) are just about the same age and they had fun making a LOT of the same noises together (finally someone who speaks my language...) and Micah who's only 4 mos totally kept up with them. He was amazing and looks just as old as the other boys!
Well, as life gets harder/ie--more complicated, it just makes me realize how special friends "like these" are...friends who love you unconditionally...friends who will listen to your dreams, fears, struggles, without judgement...who provide a safe place for you to question who you are and who you have been, and who you are becoming...that is so priceless to me and I am so grateful for these women for that reason! And I don't think I've EVER laughed as hard as the night we pulled out all the pictures from college---all the times we thought we were SO COOL---and were SO NOT!! It was great! Brian was able to come up for part of the weekend too, which was really fun to get to see him and for him to get to spend a little time with the girls...
What a wonderful weekend I will remember forever!
5 comments:
It is great seeing pictures of all the Barnhouse girls together! I would have loved to been a little mouse listening in on those fun conversations! Oh my, what a cute group of little babies playing together....totally precious!
PS. I am very impressed that Kallen wanted to watch the Inauguration! I always knew he was smart! :-)
you got some gREAt pictures!!! and i loved reading how you described it. you're so good with words. i MISS you. like my heart HURTS cause i miss being with you girls!!!
It was terrific for sure!!
I LOVE seeing the Barn House girls!!! We should do a joint reunion some time....so fun!!! Let's chat this weekend? Are you around?
Post a Comment