I think I can pretty safely say that this has been the BEST Christmas vacation ever!!! Considering that I left my house on December 17th for VA, and that we are just now leaving Dallas today...it has been so incredible...I have relaxed, I've gotten to spend a LOT of time with Brian which has been GREAT!, I've had so much help with Kallen which has been awesome!, and I've even gotten a bit caught up on sleep...which seriously is indescribable!! I feel like a new woman! As much as I need to get "back in the routine" of life--I most certainly don't want to!!! Probably why we were "supposed" to leave Sunday and are still here!!
Last night, I mean seriously...mental picture: 30 degrees outside and icy, fire in the fireplace, the most amazing tenderloin for dinner (and I'm not even a red meat fan!), and us all on the couches watching the UT game! (which apparently was amazing!!!--I fell asleep on the couch at about 10!!)
So...today we're heading back to reality :) I am excited for this new start!! Like I said before, I'm always up for a fresh start!! I have a lot of ideas...house ideas, mothering ideas, business ideas, cooking ideas, training ideas..but my most important idea is the way I start my day. I am seriously praying for peace this year....peace in my heart that pours out into my life...I have learned SOOOOOO much in the last month...a lot about letting go. Letting go of control in my life. And really surrendering my heart, my day---I think I have had some of the deepest and most thought/heart provoking conversations with my sister that I have ever had and I'm sooooooooooo thankful for her and the way she challenges me to live my life deeper. Thank you Holly....so I guess I'm ready...ready for reality....and in all that I'm thankful...so thankful I get a fresh start every DAY...I'm gonna need it!...
4 comments:
How am I not surprised that you all left later than first planned. That seems to be the way you do things! :-) So glad you had a great time and got some much needed rest! Praying for victory as you anticipate 'letting go' of some things!! "All things are possible......." Love you so much!
i can't wait to hear all about what's going on in your heart NEXT WEEK!!! yea!
Children teach us so much about God, ourselves and human nature. I am so thankful for even the hard lessons. Glad you had time to reflect and relax
oh i don't really have anything to say except that i love you. got it? :)
Post a Comment