Monday, January 12, 2009

dear Monday...

Dear Monday,

I mean, really....you are making me a little bit anxious and I would really like to keep a peaceful heart as much as I can :) this morning when I was trying to do my morning meditation, you just kept on reminding me of random things:

"you didn't call this person back," "you need to email this list of people," "should you go visit your sister in Florida on a weekend, or on weekdays?," "when are you ever going to unpack your suitcases from Christmas?," "its almost 7 mos and Kallen still hasn't had his 6 mos dr's appointment," "you have to spend all day Wed at the Red Cross doing CPR on a dummy," "why are the boxwoods in your front yard dying?"

...and on and on you went. Really it was quite irritating, and somehow I let you right on in to put your little dose of stress into my entire day...well, no more! No more Monday! We're going to stop it right here!

Yes, I can hear Kallen screaming at the top of his lungs while he's supposed to be sleeping and its certainly breaking my heart, and I know I'm supposed to be cleaning my room which looks like a serious explosion of clothing, toiletries and Christmas presents, but I'm going to STOP and take a DEEP breath and start over...in the middle of my day and push you right out Monday.

We're just not going to start the week off this way....nice try though...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I can SO relate!

Courtney said...

uh, yea.

Mandy said...

Christy - you are too funny! Sounds like another day for a bath bomb!! (Is that the thing you used a few months ago?) I MISS YOU!!!