Ok, well wasn't exactly a BASH, but closest thing to a bash I've had in quite some time!!!! :) It was such a GREAT weekend, full of so many things that I love to do--thanks a ton to Brian for all his hard work and planning!!! It was really pretty perfect...beautiful weather, great food, fun time with friends, fun time together just the 2 of us...
We first arrived in Austin and Brian took me on a hike at Emma Long Park (I LOVE to hike!!!)...we usually go to the same places pretty much every time we go to Austin so this time Brian had done a little research so that we tried new things---which was really sweet of him!
After our hike was the part of the weekend I was looking the MOST forward to...our friends, Mike and Erin babysat Kallen, so Brian and I could go on a birthday dinner date---to a restaurant that had been a secret to me for weeks!!!! So, Brian finally let me know he was taking me to UCHI, which is a restaurant I've been dying to go to!!!! Wish I had a picture--of course I forgot to take on---the ONE time we've been dressed up in forever (well, not super dressed up---I was still wearing flip flops!)...the food was absolutely AMAZING!!! We both agreed the best food we've ever had---I'm not even exaggerating! Amazing sushi...(yeah, you can definitely tell how excited I was about it!) ...one of our entrees was sushi grade scallops that came with a 500 degree rock that you seared them on---they were covered in orange glaze and just melted in your mouth...ok, enough about dinner :)
We first arrived in Austin and Brian took me on a hike at Emma Long Park (I LOVE to hike!!!)...we usually go to the same places pretty much every time we go to Austin so this time Brian had done a little research so that we tried new things---which was really sweet of him!
After our hike was the part of the weekend I was looking the MOST forward to...our friends, Mike and Erin babysat Kallen, so Brian and I could go on a birthday dinner date---to a restaurant that had been a secret to me for weeks!!!! So, Brian finally let me know he was taking me to UCHI, which is a restaurant I've been dying to go to!!!! Wish I had a picture--of course I forgot to take on---the ONE time we've been dressed up in forever (well, not super dressed up---I was still wearing flip flops!)...the food was absolutely AMAZING!!! We both agreed the best food we've ever had---I'm not even exaggerating! Amazing sushi...(yeah, you can definitely tell how excited I was about it!) ...one of our entrees was sushi grade scallops that came with a 500 degree rock that you seared them on---they were covered in orange glaze and just melted in your mouth...ok, enough about dinner :)
Then Saturday morning Erin watched Kallen so Brian and I could go to the beautiful, intoxicating, "mega" Whole Foods to grab breakfast (seriously? i really love that place!), and then he and Kallen and I went hiking at Hamilton Pool which was gorgeous...
Then, we met up with Mike and Erin and went hiking again to one of our old favorites, along Barton Creek...poor Kallen's little teeth were bothering him and so he S-C-R-E-A-M-E-D the whole entire way and clung to his little ears...it was so sad, and not so peaceful...but we still had fun being in the gorgeous outdoors :)
Went to Phil's Icehouse for hamburgers and Amy's ice cream...Kallen LOVES Erin...I think he wanted to steal her glasses!!! He has good taste :)

Then a nice cold front blew in Friday night so we took it easy on Saturday...and headed home Saturday night. It was such a perfect birthday getaway!! Thank you so much Brian...and, thank you Mike and Erin for your awesome hospitality and taking care of Kallen!!! :)
Then a nice cold front blew in Friday night so we took it easy on Saturday...and headed home Saturday night. It was such a perfect birthday getaway!! Thank you so much Brian...and, thank you Mike and Erin for your awesome hospitality and taking care of Kallen!!! :)
Kallen loved their high chair! :)
Finished off the weekend with brunch this morning at Benjy's with some truly dear Houston friends!!! Wendy, Lauren and Paula....cupcakes from Crave...
...AND they gave me the Baeba Babycook which I've been lusting after for months :) every time I pass Williams Sonoma I go in to look at it! :) It steams, purees, reheats, defrosts food for babies---yeah, amazing! THANK YOU SO MUCH ladies!!

Yeah 31!! So far, you're not so bad :)
6 comments:
happy birthday, lovely.
glad it was so fun.
i might need to try that restaurant when i'm there in mid-march.
did you read that?
I'm coming!!!
mom is flying me there for her spring break.
you must come to austin. i want to hike hamilton pool.
and what did you get at Amy's? come on now, some of us are out of range of amy's now and need alittle vicarious love...
happies. i can't believe you're only 31. i always forget your 15 months younger instead of 3...much love...
wow! it all sounds so PERFECT!!! good job, brian!! and so fun that you got the baby food thing - wow! let us know how it works out!
love you!!!
What an amazing weekend ! Thank you so much, Brian, for all your planning and giving Christy such an unforgetable birthday! We love you! The pictures are absolutely gorgeous, and of course, we can never see too many pictures of our precious grandson!! Sending alot of love your way today and everyday!
that sounded so fun. i am so jealous of the shorts and flip flops. i want to go to hamilton pool next time! glad you had a great time. hope kallen feels relief soon.
so glad to have you in our home! come back to austin again soon!
I'm glad you had such a fun birthday celebration! Let us know how the baby-food making business goes!!
PS-I know a certain someone who might be house-bound with a baby in mid-March and would love some visitors.
PPS-It's me!
Post a Comment