Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Fresh Start...


Yeah, this picture has nothing to do with my thoughts...I just think its funny...one of the MANY explosions that has happened in our house in the past 2 days as I unpacked from VA and repacked for Dallas...nevermind the fact that 1/2 of Kallen's clothes we brought he outgrew...ohhhhhh so many little onesies being put away in exchange for "big" (to me) pants and shirts...so funny that the clothes that looked so "big" a couple months ago now look teeny tiny!
Ok, so a fresh start...I'm definitely not a big resolution person. I mean, I LOVE creating new ideas...coming up with new ideas...but not so good on follow-through, which makes resolutions pretty much a disaster by, ummmm about February....
But this year I'm just excited to have a fresh start...I KNOW that every day (thank goodness) is a fresh start, but to me there's something a little magical about January and a NEW YEAR...for some strange reason I'm really excited! Maybe because these last 6 mos have been SOOOO insanely crazy, and blurry...I know all of motherhood will be pretty crazy but I do NOT do well with sleep deprivation...so in spite of further disciplining challenges, baby's mobility, new nutritional needs, etc etc, I am GRATEFUL these first 6 are over!
Oh dear, I'm rambling...
Ok, so I'm excited to begin to rekindle my friendships...I have been a terrible friend...a little email here, some blogging there, but otherwise I've kinda fallen off the map and I so badly need my "friends of the heart"...
So excited to focus a little more on Tri season....good grief its so much harder to train now, but I've got 3 mos till the first race and I'm ready to get serious and a least follow my plan....(Brian made me an AWESOME training plan that I definitely left folded in my tri training book...)
So excited to get more involved with Ecclesia...we have just been loving getting to know so many precious people there, and becoming a part of our "small group family"...amazing! Since we've been married (even though we know better) Brian and I have kinda just come and gone and not invested in people---don't know why, but I'm super excited and ready to be part of something bigger than myself, you know??
Household organization---grrrrrr....this is a love-hate one....I LOVE organization...I HATE organizing---it hurts my head---Brian is SOOOO good at it---it makes sense to his brain but for some reason it totally overwhelms mine...so hint, hint---maybe he can help me??!!!!!
Ok, that's enough, I could seriously go on and on---we're about to jump on the road to Dallas--can't wait for a week to relax and spend time with Mike and Mimi!!!!!
Happy Early New Year!!!
(not to rush things, of course---but just in case I get swallowed in the hole of relaxing and forget to blog) ha!!!! :) Oh yes, I have high hopes!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Dallas and let your 'head' do some resting! There is time for that later! Say 'hi' to Mike and Diane for us! I KNOW they will have a great time with Kallen......who wouldn't! Love you.

beckley said...

have a great time, but don't disappear. i will miss you :)i do hear they have computers in dallas, and i'm pretty sure the internet extends there.