Monday, October 13, 2008

"Good Morning Son..."

I have always loved this song, by Ben Folds, but honestly I thought he was singing "good morning SUN"...makes a lot more sense now! Anyway, saw the link to the video on someone else's blog and it brought tears to my eyes...its so sweet...I couldn't put it on my blog, but here's the link if you want to watch it---yeah, totally sappy but I guess that's what happens when you become a parent... :)
And I can tell you bout today
And how I picked you up and everything changed
It was pain
Sunny days and rain
I knew you'd feel the same things...
...Let me tell you what
The years go on and
We're still fighting it,
we're still fighting it
You'll try and try
and one day you'll fly----
Away from me...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea sharing your recipes with us! Nothing better than a recipe someone else has already tried. The Penne with Roasted Veggies looks like a great one to have when Ryan comes over!

Anonymous said...

Oops ! Just realized I posted this comment on the wrong place! Chalk it up to old age !!!

carri z. said...

i LOVE YOUR BLOG, CHRIS!! and EYE always thought it was "goodmorning sun!" too! i remember matt rooney introduced me to that song...TEN YEARS AGO!!?? i started to watch the video but got about a minute in and the tears started to well, and i realized i would need to watch this on my own time : ) LOVEYOU!!!!!! (and your blahblahblahG!:)

beckley said...

seriously,what has happened to you??? i stop by for one second and here you are, a person i have never met :)
and yet i love you as always, and can't wait to meet this new christy...recipes, songs, and blogging? before you know it you will actually join the rest of the world on facebook. miss you