Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cashing in...



...well, I have been saving a LUSH bath bomb since LAST Christmas (seriously!!!) and today I am using that baby...




1. Kallen has skipped ALL of his naps today, proceeding to use his naptime as a chance to scream at the top of his lungs.



2. I had to cancel our gym appointment because he did not nap and I knew I would get "the call" anyway so we've been home ALL day...




3. Our air conditioning STILL isn't working because we/I don't want to pay a couple hundred dollars for them to fill our freon (sp?) when its A-L-M-O-S-T fall (yeah, not QUITE fall yet here!!) Yeah, I know--its ridiculous!! I'm ALMOST to the point of giving up on this one...




4. Its pouring down rain, has been all day, and the humidity is one MILLION percent!!!




5. Some monster MUST have snuck in last night cause my house looks like it exploded on itself--really, EVERY SINGLE ROOM!!!! (ok, except the guest bathroom)...




6. My sweet husband (who I was expecting home at one) is stuck in Baton Rouge cause there's a "ground stop" in Houston cause of the rain---my relief team isn't coming...


...so I've been saving my bath bomb for such a time as this...good grief, is it Friday yet??????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect time to indulge yourself. You definitely deserve it!! This too will pass! Hang in there sweet little mommy. You are doing a great job! PS...go ahead and fill up that AC unit with Freon! No sense waiting...enjoy it. Life's too short!

Christy said...

I love you...thanks, I needed that :)

Courtney said...

yikes! i hope you really used it! sounds like one of those days...and it would about put me over the edge to have my hair frizz out with the humidity. i always use the kids as my excuse to turn the ac on "they won't sleep well if they are hot" which probably isn't true, but it's my justification! :-) love you!

Ali said...

oh what a day. i will be praying for good sleep and refreshment for tomorrow.

adela said...

OMG! Christy, it sounds like a hard week and it was just a hard day! Wow!
Now you know that fall here is still a/c season. Pay for the freon!
Miss you dearly and I love catching up with your life from your blogs.
Hang in there and much love,

adela

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I was reading Magan's post on Facebook and her son, Brody has slept 8 hrs. straight for the last 3 nights. She attributes that to trying the strict feeding schedule that Ashley used. I don't remember what book that is from, but you do have it and you may have tried it some? Brody was born 'about' a month after kallen. Just some FYI! Love you.