Ha!! I've been joking with Brian's family--calling our little crew refugees, until I watched the news last night...wow! There were just buses and buses of people being taken out of the houston area last night to surrounding cities since there is no food, power or water in many areas right now. I know its not funny but there were definitely a LOT of people complaining (similar to Katrina) and one guy said they were feeding people out of garbage bags--and another said all they could get was a pop tart??????!!
Well, Brian and Mike drove down to Houston yesterday to assess the damage and got some great (can you call them that?) pictures of the house but unfortunately I forgot to ask them to bring back my camera cable to download them...I'll do it as soon as we get back! The tree looks CRAZY and our neighborhood is honestly unrecognizable!! wow! Still can't believe it...doesn't feel real yet. I guess that will change when I pull up in the driveway for the first time.
Still not sure when we're returning. Its really hard to find gas on the way down to Houston and I definitely don't want to get stranded with little Kallen---who's been a great sport through all of this!! And really---the weather here right now is in the 70's-80's, we have a gorgeous pool in the backyard, plenty of food, chocolate covered pretzels, all of our "good" wine we were saving at home for "special occasions" (can't let that go to waste now), and a wonderful loving family---both here and in VA! So trust me, I'm not trying to be one of those crazy optimists...but life is pretty good!!...no, make that REALLY good!
Well, Brian and Mike drove down to Houston yesterday to assess the damage and got some great (can you call them that?) pictures of the house but unfortunately I forgot to ask them to bring back my camera cable to download them...I'll do it as soon as we get back! The tree looks CRAZY and our neighborhood is honestly unrecognizable!! wow! Still can't believe it...doesn't feel real yet. I guess that will change when I pull up in the driveway for the first time.
Still not sure when we're returning. Its really hard to find gas on the way down to Houston and I definitely don't want to get stranded with little Kallen---who's been a great sport through all of this!! And really---the weather here right now is in the 70's-80's, we have a gorgeous pool in the backyard, plenty of food, chocolate covered pretzels, all of our "good" wine we were saving at home for "special occasions" (can't let that go to waste now), and a wonderful loving family---both here and in VA! So trust me, I'm not trying to be one of those crazy optimists...but life is pretty good!!...no, make that REALLY good!
4 comments:
great attitude! i'm just thankful you all are SAFE!
Christy and Brian!! We have been praying for you guys and that everything in your house is still intact!! Kyle tells me that it looks like you don't have water damage inside - WHAT a blessing!!! We love you guys!!!!
I'm so glad you have a safe and comfortable place to stay while all this settles down! Feel free to come visit us in Austin too!
I am so glad you are all ok! SO crazy that a tree fell on your house. SO glad you guys evacuated.
Post a Comment