Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day in Dallas

Wow--just got back last night from a great trip! Kallen's first trip out of Houston...what started as a LONG weekend became a whole week of relaxation and fun! One of the benefits of not having to work (at a job) right now (thanks Brian for working so hard for us!!)


Well...some of the fun things we did...



Kallen got to take his first swim in the pool!





We got to swing down by the lake while the dogs chased after sticks---they LOVE to swim!!



He got to have a little play date with his new friend Cole...



Cole's a little older than Kallen and definitely outdid him during playtime cause Kallen fell asleep right on the mat!! And we got to hang out with our friends Ryan and Leigh and see how fast little boys grow up, their other son Carter is almost THREE---wow!!






Kallen got to switch positions in his sling so he can SEE everything now, and he LOVES that!!


Kallen got to watch his dog Dexter do a lot of crazy flying leaps into the pool!




Here's our family of four before the baby...Brian, Christy, Dexter, and Cardiff :) wow have things changed...I remember when our challenges were getting the dogs to stay off the furniture and not pee in the house...and if they did---we'd just throw them outside!!




Kallen has definitely found his hands and LOVES to chew on them! He is looking really hard for his thumb and can ALMOST find it but doesn't quite know what to do with it! Here he is after a nice warm bath after a hard day's work by the pool.



It was such a great time to be a family, Brian and I got some time by ourselves which was awesome! We went on a run together on the Katy trail in Dallas--the first time we've run together since Kallen! That was a lot of fun--although I'm still having some major incontinence issues and their a little more complicated when you're OUT in public!! Grrrr!! :)




It was an awesome week! Our drive back home was just Kallen and I and was a little crazy because the night before Kallen decided to sleep only THREE hours---yes, THREE HOURS! He's never done that before...and then he did scream the whole ride home...but we just turned the music up a little louder, stopped in Ennis for Starbucks and somehow made it to the Houston Airport to pick up Brian! Yeah!!! Now we're safe and sound at home!

Thank you so much Mike and Mimi for the GREAT week! We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, snoops ! I can't believe how big he is getting. It looks like he loves the water so you had better get him signed up for the swim team soon! I just can't decide yet which stroke will be his forte' ! I did notice the Starbucks in the background and was not surprised! You definitely needed that treat to get you over the hump of that ride home!

Michelle said...

I remember hanging out at that gorgeous pool a few years ago....what fun!