...well, kinda! Internet back on today thanks to an awesome neighbor of ours who crawled up in our attic to fix our phone line!! We've been back since Friday night (that other entry was an old one I forgot to post!) and slowly but surely we're putting the pieces back together. Are just SO thankful to have power (half our street still doesn't), and that nothing inside our house was damaged! That's huge!! I've gotta go take a nap--I'm whipped, but here are a few pictures from our last few weeks!!
Kallen's first plane trip!!! We went to Phoenix to visit one of my dearest friends, Michelle while Brian got his license! Kallen did so good on the plane---I was pretty nervous it was going to be a screaming disaster! And Brian was the most gracious husband ever and let me sit in FIRST while he sat in the back with Kallen--wow! That was awesome...except I couldn't really relax cause I was too worried about my 2 guys! :) Oh, and breakfast was an egg sandwich!!--what a disappointment!
Getting to spend time with Michelle was just amazing---Kallen had quite a few crazy nights in Phoenix and apparently wasn't really interested in sleeping but it was still such a retreat for me to be away from home and with such a wonderful friend! I love you Michelle!!!! :)
Kallen "breaking out of his swaddle!!"
Then flew back BY MYSELF with Kallen---there just aren't words to describe our trip :) fortunately the plane was more than half empty so we really got the WHOLE back of the plane to ourselves. I am mostly scared of those people who stare at you and curse you in their heads when they see you bringing on a baby. I know you're supposed to ignore them, but they just creep me out and make me SO nervous...
So....got in tuesday night and on wednesday had to make a split decision (is that what they're called???!!) to head up to Dallas to evacuate because of Hurricane Ike---SO...got the house ready for a storm, re-packed all our stuff and Kallen and I headed up north to beat the traffic...which I am SO SO SO thankful we decided to leave. I had NO idea just how bad the storm would be and I'm so thankful we didn't try and ride it out with Kallen.
Another picture of our poor house!! :(
And thank GOODNESS for our gracious family in Dallas--we had so much fun and were SO well taken care of!! Thank you SO much!!
Kallen watching his FIRST FOOTBALL GAME!!!
Then Brian and I took a day and just played before we headed home--we went to brunch in Dallas at our favorite little spot...Breadwinners. Then drove around some of the places we used to hang out when we first dated, and went on a long gorgeous walk at White Rock Lake---it was SO fun to be together as a family and enjoy the gorgeous unseasonable weather!! 70 degrees!!

Here we are headin back to Houston Friday night with our gas can...just in case!! :)
Ok, just had to grab the dogs cause they jumped through the new HUGE hole in our fence after the phone guys in our neighbors yard...and another neighbor just informed me that I left my keys IN THE LOCK in the front door---oh dear! Time for that nap! Love everyone so much--thank you for all your prayers and support!!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you're back at home, I hope you are able to stay put for awhile! SO glad that nothing in your house was ruined...praise God. But I do have one question....what's wrong with an egg sandwich for breakfast?
Christy! I am SO thankful for you and your stories - you are so not alone in the absentmindedness. I love reading your blog and seeing adorable pics of your handsome little boy. LOVE YOU.
It is so nice to have your blog up and running once again! I have missed the pictures and hearing how life is going there in Houston! I need to get my hands on that boy! He gets cuter every day...and so big! Thanking God for his protection and His provision for your sweet family! He is good! Lots of love coming from VA. to Texas !!
Post a Comment