Monday, August 4, 2008

thank you...


I have always loved my parents, but wow, having a baby puts them in a WHOLE different perspective :) I was definitely the kid who told them a million times when I was growing up that I would do everything completely different from what they did---but now, things are just in a different light and I see their love and sacrifice in a whole new way. Not that I won't do SOME things differently---ha!! :)


My mom came and stayed with me for a whole MONTH after Kallen was born---what a gift! I had NO idea how much I was going to need her, and still there are many days where I wish more than ever she was right down the street from me! And my dad was able to come for a week and it was SO much fun seeing Kallen with his Gramps. And then there was the bonus of having quite a few projects done around the house that we could have never done...thanks dad!!!! We just had so much fun together and I definitely couldn't have survived that first month without them. And I can't WAIT for Kallen to get to go to the beach!! Hopefully SOON! We love you!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT !! You're going to do some things differently than us ! :-) Seriously, I think the honor was dad and I having the chance to spend quality time with the newest member of the Seltzer family! What a blessing that was for us!
We enjoyed EVERY moment in Houston and thank YOU so much for allowing us to be a part of the special event and for your wonderful hospitality! FYI...the beach is waiting !!!

Unknown said...

When you hold that small grandchild in your arms you wonder "who will he become?", "what will he be like?", "will he love the Lord?" and, worst of all, "will he inherit all of gramp's bad traits?" Then I realize how good God has been to take my own children down their personal winding trails that molded and shaped them, and how they have responded to Him in their lives. And I am deeply encouraged. He is in control and my prayers do make a difference. Kallen and Cayden will be fine - He is there.