Thursday, August 28, 2008

10 weeks!




Its hard to believe we've made it 10 weeks...they've gone by so fast and so slow all at the same time...probably doesn't make sense, but I think its the whole thing where your days kinda slide together so you never really know what day it is! Its kind of fun because every day is like a weekend day...but a little strange all at the same time.




Kallen chillin out in his sling :)


Kallen is really becoming a social little guy---he will cry and scream at home, and I think frankly he gets really bored of us and our house. Thursday night (last week) we had an event that we were really nervous about taking him to, but not quite ready yet to leave him with someone. Definitely not a "kid friendly" event, but thought since he's so little his cuteness might help us get away with it! And he was incredible for 2 whole hours. He didn't cry or get fussy, and he loved getting attention. It was really funny!


Then on Saturday we went to see our friend Lauren compete in a triathlon down in Clear Lake. It was a beautiful morning, and so much fun to watch her, and she did great!!! I just love the energy at triathlons. My pictures didn't turn out very well but that's Patrick watching Lauren's heat get into the water.
And funny enough this is the sign posted where everyone was swimming. There is no risk too great when it comes to a triathlon :) The worst one we did last year, we had to SWIM in the fake LAKE in the center of a neighborhood...you know, the one all the ducks swim in with the fountain in the middle. It was big, but still, pretty gross!!!


Anyway, I don't know why but I thought that sign was so funny--maybe it was the dramatic artwork on it!

Kallen's 2 mos appointment was Monday. He got his first vaccinations which of course was pretty traumatic. We're using Dr. Sears alternative vaccination plan to limit the amounts of aluminum Kallen gets at a time---so I always get nervous that the Dr is going to be annoyed with me...but so far, so good... Then yesterday we had a play date with Kaz---Kallen's little friend from our "play group"---we had so much fun (well, the moms did) getting to compare notes on babies, and getting to know each other (ie--life BEFORE baby!!) it was really fun. I so badly wish I had a real picture. I'll try to get some from Cori cause they're hilarious. I had this one on my phone but its a mini picture and I can't figure out how to make it big??? Anyone know how?

So we're off to Dallas for the Labor Day weekend. Its our first time to Dallas in almost eight months, I think. We're so excited to get to see some of our friends we haven't seen in a LONG time, and of course Brian's family and relax by the pool. Yeah!! Oh, and hope that Hurrican Gustav doesn't hit Houston (sorry New Orleans...but I think a baby is all I can handle--please don't let our house blow away!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you will be in Dallas over the weekend. Say 'hi' to the Smith's for us! At least if it looks like Gustav is heading towards Houston, you won't have to make the scary drive once again! WOW ...2 1/2 months ! Can that be right? Time passes so quickly....slow down and savor each precious day! He will be toddling around before you know it. Cute picture of the 2 of you!! :-) ...XOXO Gran

Courtney said...

yea! love seeing YOU in a picture! when are you doing your first triathlon "post-baby?" :-)

Christy said...

Hey Court! Oh my gosh---I wasn't going to do one this season but changed my mind and am going to try and FINISH one the last wkend of October---went running Saturday and definitely peed---(GUSHED) all over myself...hmmmmm we'll see how this goes??!! :) How bout you?